Genesis Version 2.2.0
Genesis 2.2 adds new accessibility options for child themes, compatibility with WordPress's Title Tag and Site Icon features, more Schema.org microdata improvements, and of course, many small fixes to make the Genesis experience even better.
The following are specific changes made in this branch.
- Allow child themes to enable accessibility features for web users with disabilities.
- Improvements to the Schema.org microdata Genesis outputs.
- Compatibility with WordPress's generated Title Tag output.
- Compatibility with WordPress's new Site Icon feature.
- Allow entry meta to be turned off on a per post type level.
- Many other improvements and bug fixes.
NOTE: If you have made any changes directly to files in the
/genesis/ folder, upgrading will overwrite these changes. Therefore, we recommend that you NEVER make changes this way. Alternatively, use the CSS in the child theme folder to make stylistic modifications, and use the proper PHP files in the child theme folder, along with the Genesis Hook system, to make functional/output modifications.
Using the Automatic Upgrader
- Click the "upgrade now" link in the update notification at the top your your dashboard page.
- Confirm the upgrade.
- After the new version is installed, click the link to complete the upgrade.
- All done!
- Before you upgrade anything, make sure you have backup copies of your child theme.
- Delete the old
genesis folder from your
- Unzip and upload the new
genesis folder to your
- Log into the dashboard to complete the upgrade process.