Genesis Version 1.9.2
Genesis 1.9.1 and 1.9.2 are bug fix releases.
Genesis 1.9.0 is a small but important release. It gives you a fresh new look, some new features, and starts the process of preparing for Genesis 2.0!
Please note the Genesis Page and Category menu widgets have been removed from Genesis. Please use the "Custom Menu" widget instead.
The following are specific changes made in this branch.
- Fix issue with our post meta function potentially throwing a notice
- Fix IE8 image width issue
- Fix low risk security issue in the search form (props Sucuri Security team and Alun Jones)
- Fix duplicate ID on submit buttons in the admin
- Fix a notice when trying to filter a term that is not an object
- Fix issue with child theme stylesheet loading order
- Updated design and wider layout
- New security audit
- Google Author highlighting
- Removed Page and Category menu widgets
- Begin deprecating Latest Tweets and eNews widgets
- Hardened and improved lots of technical things
- Started laying the groundwork for Genesis 2.0, muahaha!
NOTE: If you have made any changes directly to files in the
/genesis/ folder, upgrading will overwrite these changes. Therefore, we recommend that you NEVER make changes this way. Alternatively, use the CSS in the child theme folder to make stylistic modifications, and use the proper PHP files in the child theme folder, along with the Genesis Hook system, to make functional/output modifications.
Using the Automatic Upgrader
- Click the "upgrade now" link in the update notification at the top your your dashboard page.
- Confirm the upgrade.
- After the new version is installed, click the link to complete the upgrade.
- All done!
- Before you upgrade anything, make sure you have backup copies of your child theme.
- Delete the old
genesis folder from your
- Unzip and upload the new
genesis folder to your
- Log into the dashboard to complete the upgrade process.