Genesis Version 2.3.1
Genesis 2.3 focuses on honing the Genesis experience with subtle enhancements and bug fixes.
The following are specific changes made in this branch.
- Remove type hinting in Genesis_Admin_CPT_Archive_Settings constructor to prevent fatal error in WordPress 4.6.
- Simplified the stylesheet, removed unnecessary styles to discourage use as active theme.
- Allow custom post classes on Ajax requests to account for endless scroll.
- Remove the top buttons (save and reset) from Genesis admin classes.
- Remove right float on admin buttons (settings screens, etc.).
- Change "Save Settings" to "Save Changes", as WordPress core does.
- Use version constant rather than database setting for reporting theme version in Settings.
- Use sfHover for superfish hover state.
- Apply identifying class to entry image link.
- Prevent empty footer widgets markup.
- Prevent empty spaces in entry footer of CPTs.
- Trim filtered value of entry meta.
- Add a toolbar link to edit CPT archive settings.
- Add filter for the viewport meta tag value.
- Add shortcodes for site title and home link.
- Update and simplify favicon markup for the modern web.
- Prevent author shortcode from outputting empty markup when no author is assigned.
- Disable author box on entries where post type doesn't support author.
- Change the label on the update setting to reflect what it actually does, check for updates.
- Add filters for Genesis default theme support items.
- Update theme tags.
- Enable after entry widget area for all post types via post type support.
- Hide layout selector when only one layout is supported.
- Disable author shortcode output if author is not supported by post type.
- Improve image size retreival function and usage.
- Add ability to specify post ID when using genesis_custom_field().
- Update to normalize.css 4.1.1
- Add admin notice when Genesis is activated directly.
- Removed unnecessary warning from theme description in style.css.
- Use TinyMCE for archive intro text input.
- Allow foreign language characters in content limit functions.
- Pass entry image link through markup API.
- Add a11y to the paginaged post navigation.
- Allow adjacent single entry navigation via post type support.
- Fix issue with no sitemap when running html5 and no a11y support for 404 page.
- Added relative_depth parameter to date shortcodes.
- Exclude posts page from page selection dropdown in Featured Page widget.
NOTE: If you have made any changes directly to files in the
/genesis/ folder, upgrading will overwrite these changes. Therefore, we recommend that you NEVER make changes this way. Alternatively, use the CSS in the child theme folder to make stylistic modifications, and use the proper PHP files in the child theme folder, along with the Genesis Hook system, to make functional/output modifications.
Using the Automatic Upgrader
- Click the "upgrade now" link in the update notification at the top your your dashboard page.
- Confirm the upgrade.
- After the new version is installed, click the link to complete the upgrade.
- All done!
- Before you upgrade anything, make sure you have backup copies of your child theme.
- Delete the old
genesis folder from your
- Unzip and upload the new
genesis folder to your
- Log into the dashboard to complete the upgrade process.