Genesis Version 2.1.2
Genesis 2.1 is part sensible additions, and part housekeeping. We've added a number of the theme settings to the WordPress Customizer screen, so you can watch your changes take place in real time. But mostly, we've taken care of some old issues that have been bothering us for a while. While not a revolutionary release, Genesis 2.1 fixes some bugs, tightens security, and increases stability. Not bad.
The following are specific changes made in this branch.
- Allow some theme settings to be adjusted in the Customizer.
- Support Feedblitz as a feed redirection option.
- Prevent unnecessary calls to update server.
- Fixed a breadcrumb compatibility issue with WordPress SEO.
- Fixed IE11 bug in layout selector.
- Added support for RTL in the dashboard for Genesis elements.
- Many other improvements and bug fixes.
- Fixed issue with entry meta error.
- Fixed potential issue of multiple after-entry widget areas displaying.
- Fixed issue with xHTML sites displaying nav and subnav with the same ID.
- Fixed issue with CPT archive settings pages not enabled.
- Fixed issue with missing textdomains for some strings in the customizer code.
- Fixed comment author markup issue.
NOTE: If you have made any changes directly to files in the
/genesis/ folder, upgrading will overwrite these changes. Therefore, we recommend that you NEVER make changes this way. Alternatively, use the CSS in the child theme folder to make stylistic modifications, and use the proper PHP files in the child theme folder, along with the Genesis Hook system, to make functional/output modifications.
Using the Automatic Upgrader
- Click the "upgrade now" link in the update notification at the top your your dashboard page.
- Confirm the upgrade.
- After the new version is installed, click the link to complete the upgrade.
- All done!
- Before you upgrade anything, make sure you have backup copies of your child theme.
- Delete the old
genesis folder from your
- Unzip and upload the new
genesis folder to your
- Log into the dashboard to complete the upgrade process.