Genesis Version 2.2.2
Genesis 2.2 adds new accessibility options for child themes, compatibility with WordPress's Title Tag and Site Icon features, more Schema.org microdata improvements, and of course, many small fixes to make the Genesis experience even better.
The following are specific changes made in this branch.
- Allow child themes to enable accessibility features for web users with disabilities.
- Improvements to the Schema.org microdata Genesis outputs.
- Compatibility with WordPress's generated Title Tag output.
- Compatibility with WordPress's new Site Icon feature.
- Allow entry meta to be turned off on a per post type level.
- Many other improvements and bug fixes.
- Fixed issue with Schema.org microdata when using Blog template.
- Add H1 to posts page when using static front page and theme supports a11y.
- Better logic for generating H1 on front page
- Removed incorrect usage of mainContentOfPage.
- Added helper function to filter markup to add .screen-reader-text class to markup.
- Fixed breadcrumb Schema.org microdata for breadcrumb items.
- Prevent duplicate H1 elements on author archives.
- Only output http://schema.org/WebSite on front page.
- Disable http://schema.org/WebSite if SEO plugin is active, to prevent conflicts.
- Add boolean attribute option to markup API.
- Pass archive title/description wrappers through markup API.
- Remove a11y checks for titles that were previously output by default.
- Correct corrupt zip from 2.2.1 release.
NOTE: If you have made any changes directly to files in the
/genesis/ folder, upgrading will overwrite these changes. Therefore, we recommend that you NEVER make changes this way. Alternatively, use the CSS in the child theme folder to make stylistic modifications, and use the proper PHP files in the child theme folder, along with the Genesis Hook system, to make functional/output modifications.
Using the Automatic Upgrader
- Click the "upgrade now" link in the update notification at the top your your dashboard page.
- Confirm the upgrade.
- After the new version is installed, click the link to complete the upgrade.
- All done!
- Before you upgrade anything, make sure you have backup copies of your child theme.
- Delete the old
genesis folder from your
- Unzip and upload the new
genesis folder to your
- Log into the dashboard to complete the upgrade process.